Monday, February 28, 2011
Standard G
I think that assessment in art is as important as assessment in any other subject. Assessments in art provide motivation for students to learn the content and execute what they are taught. Without grading there would be no reason for them to follow the directions or even participate in class. At my elementary school they do assessment for learning. This means that you provide examples and non examples of correct work throughout the process of the project. Students are also ask to give input into what grade they believed they earned based on the criteria given to them. I have used assessment for learning in my fourth grade lesson by providing students with examples of how the project should look and examples of what would not meet the guidelines. I also had them do a self assessment to see if they understood the concepts that were emphasized by the lesson.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment