Monday, February 7, 2011

Student Teaching Post 3

When approaching planning and teaching diverse learners I first think about the strengths that the students posses. This guides me in picking lessons that I think that they can not only complete but excel at. I think that a lot of the lessons in the art room can be modified to meet the needs of diverse learners. This could mean providing modified tools or changing the standards for completion. Thus far in my student teaching experience the accommodations I have made for diverse learners is providing them extra assistance with projects. I want these students to know that they can accomplish just as much as every other student. The lessons that I create also allow for plenty student input so that variation is championed not discouraged. As I approach diverse learners in the future I will look for ways for them to actively and equally participate in class projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment