Sunday, February 7, 2010

classroom rules and lesson plan

I'm going to create a lesson plan for communicating to a contemporaneous audience. This lesson revolves around students picking something unique to their generation. I chose this idea because I think that students can make it personal to their experience. The students may also take pride in making a piece of work that they understand but adults (parents and teachers) may not. I will teach this by introducing some contemporary artists that make work that addresses this topic. It may also be interesting to use work from past generations that is difficult to understand because it was part of a different generation. I want students to realize that they are part of a unique generation with its own special traits. I imagine that it may be difficult to get students to come with ideas that are unique to them. They may also have a difficult time incorporating their ideas into a project. I want to allow them to use different mediums, especially digital photography and imaging,because it represents modernity in art.

4 comments:

  1. I love your lesson plan idea. I agree that it is a great idea to make some lesson plans relatable and personal for the students. I did the same thing for my lesson plan. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your idea of getting students to think about their own generation and reflect on its uniqueness- also, good to use the more tech based mediums for this particular project :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! It would be fun to assemble a list for students about what was "in" when they were born and what is in now according to them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is very important to get students to consider their indentity and their place and purpose in society. So often students think of only the past as being characterized by movements and trends, they tend to forget that we also create our own movements and trends. It is difficult to get them to think in such a radical way, so examples would really help.

    ReplyDelete