Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Successful Teacher

I believe that a successful teacher is primarily a matter of hard work and dedication to the students and ones subject area. If you put a lot to time into getting to know the students and listening to their interests you are more likely to create content that is interesting and engaging for them. If they see that you are willing to put in the work and that you are always prepared it gives them more incentive to participate and be ready to learn. I also think that if work hard at designing and planning lessons you are more likely to be successful at reaching the students. For example, by completing the project yourself first you can get an idea of where students may have problems and look for solutions. I also think that a well developed and delivered lesson is easier for the students to understand and for them to complete. I know that I will make many mistakes along the way as I learn to be a successful teacher, however, I believe that if I work on fixing those areas where I'm lacking I can improve myself. Though the work may be hard the reward of a successful project is well worth the trouble.

1 comment: