Saturday, April 23, 2011

Professional Qualities of My Future Job

Ideal Qualities of My Future Job:
Supportive staff
A mentor who can provide me with sound advice and encouragement
The chance to meet with other first year teachers
Encouragement to seek additional schooling
A strong art department where ideas can be shared

I would like to be at a school where the environment is collaborative and the teachers socialize both professionally and personally. I have found that this builds a community in the school and it allows you to feel comfortable asking questions and for help. I would also like the ability to communicate with other first year teachers and art teachers who share similarities in experiences. I have enjoyed the ability to communicate with classmates during student teaching and would hope to have a similar experience in the district I join. Finally, I would like to be encouraged to seek further educational possibilities for myself. Continuing my education is important to me and I would like to feel supported in that decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment