The thing that I find most daunting about finishing student teaching is finding a job. I have already graduated and have felt the anxiety that comes with being unemployed. Due to this past experience I worry a lot about finding a job and being able to be independent. This time around I also feel more pressure because teaching art is something that I really want to do. Before I was unsure of the path I wanted to take with my degrees and it made it easier to face rejection during my job search.
The event that influenced me to be a teacher was being unemployed after graduating from college and working an office job. During this period I had a lot of time to think about what I wanted my future to be like and what kind of job would make me the most happy. I was better able to asses my needs without the pressure of needing to decide to pick a major, like I had in college. During this time I realized that my interest in working in the arts and my love for helping people would translate well into being an art teacher. Though it was difficult to go back to school a year after graduating, I knew that this would be something I could do the rest of my life and be happy.
My wardrobe has begun to change in several ways since I have thought about and started student teaching. I now think about what clothes would be appropriate to wear in school and make sure that all parts of me are covered that might be distracting to students. I also try to focus on clothes that are professional looking, but won’t break the bank. I can be as careful as possible and still end up with paint somewhere on my clothes, so it is important to me that if this happens I won’t be losing out on a significant investment. Finally, I focus on clothes that I know I will be comfortable wearing all day long. The last thing that I want to worry about when I’m teaching is what I have on and if I am comfortable.
No comments:
Post a Comment