During this course I have learned a lot about the secondary classroom environment. Visiting High school one opened my eyes to the challenges of motivating students and keeping them interested in their work and the class. Before this I did not realize that students who had absolutely no interest in art would take just for an easy grade. I always assumed that there would be some shred of interest.or motivation I have learned from this experience that I will always need to be coming up with new and exciting lesson plans. I had such a positive experience when I observed it was frustrating to see a classroom that lacked enthusiasm. Visiting the other two classrooms helped restore my hope for creating a good high school art room experience. I now have tools to use in my own classroom as well as ideas to avoid.
Visiting the Middle School was a great experience because it was a great contrast to the room I had visited during my observation. The assignments had less structure and more room for the students to add their own ideas too. From this teacher I learned how to manage a classroom while retaining an element of fun. Before this experience I would have not considered teaching middle school, but now I could see myself with that grade level. Middle school students surprised me with their willingness to learn and ability to be creative.
No comments:
Post a Comment